Functional Indoor Cat
ü Fresh Meat as First Ingredient
ü Single Meat Protein
ü High Meat Low Carb
ü Prebiotics to Help Digestion
ü Miscanthus Fiber to help hairballs and dental health
ü Cranberry Extract to help Urinary Health
ü Botanicals for gut health and antioxidants
ü Taurine and DL-Methionine for Healthy Heart
ü Canadian Chicken
ü Unique organic minerals for deeper coat color
At Boréal we strive to make the best food for every dog and cat. We source every possible ingredient from Canadian farms and fisheries. Boréal Functional Indoor Cat is a high meat, low carb, grain free food; with a focus on low glycemic ingredients to help keep your cat healthy.
• We use high quality fresh, deboned chicken as the first ingredient – Chicken is a source of naturally occurring glucosamine, an amino acid which supports joints and bones. As well chicken is a protein dense meat and is easily digested.
• Functional Indoor is designed to help prevent health issues in house cats with support for:
• Urinary health to prevent crystals
• Hairball support to keep hairballs small
• Dental support to help prevent and remove tartar
• Organic minerals to help coat color and shedding
• Fat and protein levels designed for less active indoor cats and for sterilized cats.
• Boréal Functional is built around low glycemic index foods – which take longer for your cat to digest compared to foods with potato, white rice, corn or soy.
• Boréal Functional is a high meat food and is grain free and gluten free – we use no artificial colours, preservatives or flavours.
• Boréal Functional Indoor is an everyday diet which can be used to help keep your adult cat at a healthy weight.
At Boréal we add a unique blend of organic minerals to all our foods to help produce a better coloured, softer coat. A recent study found in addition to better coat color, footpads became smoother and less sore leading to more activity. Ask us about Propath® Pet from Zinpro® Performance Minerals.
Bag of 5 lb. (2.27 kg) and 12 lb (5.44kg)
Cranberry extract – antioxidant for immune health plus helps lower the pH – healthy cat pH 6- 6.5 – pulling pH down helps with urinary tract as acidic environment will help dissolve stones
North American Cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon) has been shown to
provide anti-adhesion activity against Escherichia coli (E. coli)
bacteria which is responsible for over 75% of Urinary Tract Infections
(UTI). NATUREX-DBS MOVES BEYOND PACS BY STANDARDIZING CRANBERRY
EXTRACTS TO BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY WITH SUPPORTING HUMAN CLINICAL STUDIES
Miscanthus fiber to help hairballs – grasses proven to be effective hairball control – as well we add Salmon Oil to help a cat expel a hairball
“In conclusion, M
(Miscanthus grass ) decreased hairball size and total fecal hair mass
per gram of feces, which could be an indication of increased ability of
cats to eliminate hair masses through fecal excretion and reduce their
regurgitation in a home setting.” 236 Effect of Miscanthus grass as a
dietary method to aid hairball control in cats
R. A. Donadelli C. G. Aldrich https://academic.oup.com/jas/article-abstract/95/suppl_4/116/4765157?redirectedFrom=fulltext
Miscanthus Fiber for dental abrasion
Sodium Tripolyphosphate to reduce Tarter – that is what is in many toothpastes
tripolyphosphate binds salivary calcium so it is unavailable to build
into tartar. Zinc helps to slow down tartar build-up and has antiseptic
properties, therefore, reducing bad breath.”